Michael McGillicuddy is the Massage Therapy School Director at CFSMT
The massage therapy school director at The Central Florida School of Massage Therapy Inc. is by Michael McGillicuddy, who is also the school's owner. In addition to his work as massage therapy school director, Michael has been a dedicated member of the Florida State Massage Therapy Association (FSMTA) for more than two decades. In June of 2006 he completed two 2-year terms as President of FSMTA.
Michael is tireless in his efforts to advance the massage therapy profession as a whole as well as to provide the highest quality of education to students at his school. He recently met with Florida Governor Jeb Bush during the annual Massage Therapy Awareness Day in Tallahassee to discuss the FSMTA and Florida AMTA Chapter's efforts on behalf of the massage therapy legislative platform.
Michael McGillicuddy, LMT NCBTMB, graduated from the Florida School of Massage Therapy in Gainesville, Florida in 1984. In 1985 Michael began instructing massage therapy students in sports massage techniques at the Reese Institute in Orlando, Florida.
In 1990 Michael became a Florida State approved Continuing Education Provider for Massage Therapists. Subsequently he developed an advanced sports massage certificate program, which he currently delivers in conjunction with the athletic department at the University of Central Florida.
- Author of Massage for Sports Performance, published by Human Kinetics.
- Became a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor & approved CE provider for Kinesio Taping Classes.
- Developed a Mulit Modality Continuing Education Workshop.
- Presenter at the Premier Orlando International Beauty Show.
Michael has presented sports massage lectures at the following conventions:
- Florida State Massage Therapy Association Convention
- The Florida Chiropractic Convention
- Florida State Athletic Trainers Association Convention
- South Lake Memorial Hospital Sports Medicine Symposium
He has served the Florida State Massage Therapy Association in the following positions:
- Sports massage team member
- Sports massage team trainer
- Director of sports massage
- Legislative chair
- 2001 FSMTA 1st Vice President
- 2002 FSMTA President
Michael's career highlights include:
- 1994 Named the Florida State Massage Therapy Association Sports Massage Therapist of the Year.
- 1995 Attended a Sports Massage Seminar in Switzerland
- 1996 Attended an Australian Massage Therapy exchange program
- 1996 Was chosen to be a Sports Massage Therapist for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games in Atlanta
- 2000 Served as a committee member for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
Here is a quote about Michael's work from the November/December 2000 issue of "Massage Message":
"The Florida Chiropractic Association (FCA) honored noted Sports Massage Therapist and Instructor, Michael McGillicuddy, LMT, NTCMB for his contribution to the manual bodywork industry. McGillicuddy received the Florida Chiropractic Association's Massage Therapist of the Year Award at a ceremony on August 19, 2000 in Orlando, Florida. The award, in its fourth year, is given to a massage therapist who contributes to the building of professional relations between the chiropractic and massage therapy communities."