Sports Massage Internship with Michael McGillicuddy and Athletes at the University of Central Florida
Michael McGillicuddy, the owner of Central Florida School of Massage Therapy, is a 20 plus year veteran in the field of sports massage and has taught sports massage since 1985. His credits in this area include being:
- Chosen as Director of Sports Massage for the Florida State Massage Therapy Association;
- Named the Florida State Massage Therapy Association Sports Massage Therapist of the Year in 1994;
- Selected to be a Sports Massage Therapist for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games in Atlanta;
- Asked to speak about sports massage at the Florida State Athletic Trainers Association Convention;
Every September Michael will offer a sports massage internship for licensed massage therapists in cooperation with the University of Central Florida, sponsored by USA Pro Sports. Sports massage interns will work closely with UCF athletes under Michael’s careful supervision from 9 AM to 2:30 PM each Monday for 11 weeks, and attend 4 intensive sports massage weekend workshops between September and December at the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy.
This course follows the text book, “Physical Examination of the Spine & Extremities” by Stanley Hoppenfeld, which is included in the tuition.
Upon completion of the Internship you will:
- Know how to test for and assess specific injuries, then treat appropriately
- Have confidence and knowledge of specific Myofascial & Trigger Point Therapy uses
- Know how to assess and treat Chronic Pain Patterns
- Know how to administer Aaron Mattes’ Active Isolated Stretching to enhance athletic performance
Tuition for this 98-hour sports massage program is $2500 and CEU’s are approved by the NCBTMB and Florida Board of Massage Therapy. Call 407-673-6776 for more information about this and future sports massage programs given by Michael McGillicuddy.
Make sure you’re kept up to date on continuing education programs and workshops at the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy. Click Here to get on the alert list.
Mon - Fri 9AM - 6PM
Phone (407) 673-6776
Fax (407) 673-2364
450 North Lakemont Avenue, Suite A
Winter Park, FL 32792