Application and Admissions Process
In your research about how to become a massage therapist, we believe you’ve made a wise decision to explore the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy. We are confident you will have a positive educational experience when you attend our school, as you prepare to become a licensed massage therapist and to pursue a rewarding and successful career in the field of massage.
The following forms are required for application and admission into our program to become a licensed massage therapist:
- Application for admission
- Physical examination report
- Professional massage therapy report
- These forms are all available as part of the application package you can get here.
In considering students for admission, the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, ethnic origin or sexual preference.
We have two basic prerequisites for applying to our school:
It is essential that all students have a fundamental knowledge of the English language for course work as well as the licensing examination.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and have a high school or GED degree at the time of enrollment. Our application process is simple and straightforward.
Here are the steps you need to take to complete your application for admission:
- Drop off, mail, or fax a completed, signed Application Form to the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy together with $75.00 fee. Our mailing address is 450 North Lakemont Ave., Suite A, Winter Park, Florida 32792. Our Fax number is 407-673-2364. You can call 407-673-6776 with your credit card information to pay the application fee or mail us a check.
- Have a certified copy of your high school diploma, college diploma, or GED certificate, as well as an official copy of your transcript, sent to CFSMT. To complete this step, contact the Registrar’s office of the educational institution you attended and request that an official transcript be mailed directly to CFSMT.
- Submit a Personal Information Sheet (see page 2 of the Application Form), answering the 7 questions located on the application form to give us data about your interest in the massage field, past experiences and other relevant information.
- Submit three passport-sized (2″ x 2″) color photos.One of these photos will be maintained in your permanent file. The second one will later be mailed with your application for the National Exam, and the third will be sent to the state of Florida for your licensure application when you complete the basic massage therapy training program.
- Coordinate two letters of recommendation from sources other than family members. These letters of recommendation should be mailed to CFSMT directly, rather than being submitted by you. One should come from a professional associate or employer and one from a health care professional whom you know.
- Submit a Physician’s Physical Examination Report. (Click here to get the forms.) This report should give your past medical history and current physical and medical condition, noting any conditions that might affect your ability to successfully complete the massage therapy program. A form for this is included in the application package.
- Submit documentation of two massages you have received from professional, Licensed Massage Therapists. At least one appointment must be with a school-approved massage therapist and we prefer you schedule both of these massages with Instructors at CFSMT or with school-approved providers. Click here to get the forms.
- Call the School Administrator to schedule an appointment for an admissions interview, either by phone or in-person, with the Director of the school. During your interview, the School Director will go over your application, explain the school’s program in detail, and review the school’s expectations and policies regarding payment of tuition and fees, attendance, grading, academic progress, student services, student conduct, and cancellation and withdrawal. You are encouraged to ask any questions regarding the training program, course work, and school policies.
Additional Information about the Admission Process
Here is some additional information about the admissions process at the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy:
Once your application is delivered to the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy, the Admissions Director will review the application for completeness and help you schedule your interview with the School Director.
The purpose of the interview is two-fold: 1. for the School Director to gather information about how appropriate the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy will be for you, and 2. for you to ask any questions you have about the profession of massage, or what it will be like to attend the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy. We suggest you take full advantage of this opportunity.
The purpose of requiring you to receive two massages as part of the admissions process is to make sure you have personal and direct experience of professional massage, and an understanding of what your work will be as a professional massage therapist.
Prior to Orientation, you must complete and sign the Enrollment Agreement, which states the amount of tuition and the payment schedule. Your signature of this agreement is required by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education in order for you to attend massage school.
The tuition down payment must also be submitted prior to Orientation.
The Orientation is designed for both your and the school’s benefit to make sure you have all the information you need to get off to an excellent start in massage school. The Orientation is mandatory and is typically scheduled five days before the first day of classes.
For further information, contact the Central Florida School of Massage Therapy, (407) 673-6776.
Get an application package here.
Mon - Fri 9AM - 6PM
Phone (407) 673-6776
Fax (407) 673-2364
450 North Lakemont Avenue, Suite A
Winter Park, FL 32792